The Virginia Higher Education Accessibility Partners group (VHEAP) is comprised of professionals within the disability and accessibility fields. Focusing primarily on higher education, the organization also invites participation from all areas within the Commonwealth working to advance accessibility at all levels of education and various state advocacy agencies. This group works to promote information and communications technology (ICT) accessibility through events and collaborative partnerships (e.g., cooperative purchasing agreements) with colleagues across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
The VHEAP Organizing Team includes colleagues from George Mason Univ, James Madison Univ, Old Dominion Univ, Univ of Virginia, and Virginia Tech.
For more information about VHEAP, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Nichols, VT (Chair)
Senior Director of Universal Design and Accessible Technologies, Virginia Tech University
Barbara Zunder (Chair-Elect)
Director, Student Disability Access Center (SDAC), University of Virginia
VHEAP Organizing Team
- Nicole Stephens, Blue Ridge CC (Digital Media Coordinator)
- Korey Singleton, GMU (Webmaster)
- Valerie Schoolcraft, JMU
- Stacy McBain, Loudoun County Public Schools (Membership Coordinator/Student Membership Lead)
- Joan Ehrlich, NVRC (Non-Profit Coordinator)
- Beth Ann Dickie, ODU
- Lori Kressin, UVA (Past Chair)
- Barbara Zunder, UVA
- Mark Nichols, VT
An email list for members of VHEAP has been established to share and discuss accessibility questions, solutions, and opportunities. It is intended for discussion involving professionals within the Commonwealth, not as a vehicle for solicitations by vendors. The basic rule is to be kind to each other in your discussions. The VHEAP Organizing Committee has the authority to unsubscribe any list member who is deemed inappropriate or shares/discusses inappropriate content. See below for guidance on how to subscribe to or be removed from the VHEAP email list:
- Using your Web browser, navigate to UVA Sympa Lists: Subscribe VHEAP.
- Enter your primary email address (similar to email@example.com) and name in the fields provided.
- To confirm your identity, you will receive a confirmation email from SYMPA (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the address provided.
- Follow the instructions and confirm your request to subscribe to the VHEAP discussion list.
- Using your Web browser, navigate to UVA Sympa Lists: Unsubscribe VHEAP.
- Enter your email address, select “Unsubscribe for list vheap” and confirm on the next screen.
- You will receive a confirmation email from SYMPA (email@example.com) at the address provided.
- Follow the instructions and confirm your request to unsubscribe from the VHEAP discussion list.