The following committees have been working at the Board of Directors level and now would like to extend an offer to VHEAP membership to join in these efforts.
There are also focus areas outside of VHEAP where Board members are involved. These areas are deemed to have significant impact on VHEAP members and the work we all do.
The Board welcomes ideas for additional efforts and initiatives that VHEAP should consider championing. Send your suggestions to the VHEAP Board of Directors.
It is important to recognize the good work being done in the area of accessibility across the Commonwealth. This effort is led by
This committee will be managing the contracts and monitoring the vendors participating in the VHEAP Captioning Initiative. For more information, send email to the committee.
- Lori Kressin (Univ of Virginia) – Lead
- Korey Singleton (George Mason Univ)
- Erik Elvgren (Univ of Virginia)
- Bryant Leonard (James Madison Univ)
- Christa Miller (Virginia Tech)
- Mark Nichols (Virginia Tech)
- Aja Puopolo (George Mason Univ)
- Danielle Smith (Univ of Mary Washington)
- Eric Raff (Virginia Dept for Deaf / Hard of Hearing)
- Kristin Roush (Univ of Virginia)
- Christina Wulf (James Madison Univ)
Legislative & Governance Committee
Focusing on state and national legislation, standards, and policy, this committee works towards involving VHEAP in these discussions and offering our expertise in guiding the development of these directives. For more information and/or if you are interested in joining this group, send email to the committee.
- Korey Singleton – GMU (Lead)
- Lori Kressin – Univ of Virginia
- Barbara Zunder – Univ of Virginia
- Mark Nichols – Virginia Tech
Student Membership in VHEAP Exploration Committee
UnConference Planning Committee
Participation on the SCHEV Disability Access to Higher Education Advisory Committee
Three members of the Board of Directors sit on this committee. The intention of this committee is to work to implement the goals put forward in the “Pathways to Opportunity: The Virginia Plan for Higher Education“. Current focus is on transition from K-12 to post-secondary education and to the workforce.
VHEAP BOD members participating on this committee include:
- Joan Ehrlich
- Lori Kressin
- Barbara Zunder
If you would like to participate in these discussions, contact Joan Ehrlich directly