The following committees have been created by the Board of Directors. However, it is important to involve all of VHEAP membership in these efforts including the creation of new committees and focus areas as needed and encourage membership participation in solutions that benefit the whole of the Commonwealth.
There are also areas of interest outside of VHEAP where Board members are involved. These areas are deemed to have significant impact on VHEAP members and the work we all do.
The Board welcomes ideas for additional efforts and initiatives that VHEAP should consider championing. Your participation in these committees is strongly encouraged! If you are interested in participating in one or more committees, or have suggestions for other focus areas, send an email to the VHEAP Board of Directors.
*Indicates a VHEAP Board of Directors Member
It is important to recognize the very good work being done in the area of accessibility across the Commonwealth. The VHEAP Board of Directors Awards have been created to acknowledge leadership and excellence.
- Jamie Chandler, (Loudon County Public Schools)*
- Stacy McBain, (Southern Virginia University)*
- Lori Kressin (Univ of Virginia) – Co-Lead
- Korey Singleton (George Mason Univ) Co-Lead*
- Erik Elvgren (Univ of Virginia)
- Bryant Leonard (James Madison Univ)
- Mark Nichols (Virginia Tech)*
- Aja Puopolo (George Mason Univ)
- Danielle Smith (Univ of Mary Washington)
- Eric Raff (Virginia Dept for Deaf / Hard of Hearing)
- Kristin Roush (Univ of Virginia)
- Christina Wulf (James Madison Univ)
Legislative & Governance Committee
Focusing on state and national legislation, standards, and policy, this committee works towards involving VHEAP in these discussions and offering our expertise in guiding the development of these directives. For more information and/or if you are interested in joining this group, send email to the committee.
- Korey Singleton – GMU (Lead)*
- Lori Kressin – Univ of Virginia
- Barbara Zunder – Univ of Virginia*
- Mark Nichols – Virginia Tech*
Student Membership in VHEAP: Exploration Committee
Conference and Event Planning
Participation on the SCHEV Disability Access to Higher Education Advisory Committee
Members of the VHEAP Board of Directors sit on this committee. The intention of this committee is to work to implement the goals put forward in the “Pathways to Opportunity: The Virginia Plan for Higher Education“. Current focus is on transition from K-12 to post-secondary education and to the workforce.
VHEAP BOD members participating on this committee include:
- Joan Ehrlich*
- Lori Kressin
- Barbara Zunder*
If you would like to participate in these discussions, contact Joan Ehrlich directly